Child and Teen Counseling In Our Federal Way, WA Office and Online
Is your child or teen:
- Experiencing changes in his or her mood and/or behavior?
- Struggling with anxiety/worrying all the time?
- Showing signs of depression?
- Overwhelmed by a past or present experience, or trauma?
- Struggling with transitions and challenges that come with divorce and/or remarriage?
- Diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder, Asperger’s, Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder, Anxiety, Depression, and/or Oppositional Defiance?
The Challenge Of Growing Up Today
We frequently hear from parents saying, “I don’t know what exactly to do to help my child/teen, but I know that they need help.” Knowing that your child or teen is going through something you don’t know how to help them with can be extremely overwhelming as a parent.
We want you to know, that by getting this far and considering counseling services for either your child/teen, or for your family, you are doing everything you can to ensure your child or teen gets the support they need.
In our opinion, the job of being a child and a teenager has gotten a lot harder. There is more stress, higher expectations, harder choices, and ever increasing stimulation surrounding our youth than ever before. This means that the job of being a parent is harder than ever before as well.
Our children are growing up in a world that is so vastly different than the one that you might have grown up in. Because of this, we frequently hear from parents that they often don’t know how to tease out what is just typical development, and what should be cause for concern.
The Support Your Family Needs
Working with us means your child or teen has another key member on their team. Our therapists are trained, experienced, and skilled in working with children, teens, and their families. We utilize evidence-based approaches to support your child/teen in learning the necessary strategies and skills they will need to become resilient today, as well as to maintain their resilience as they grow older.
We frequently work with children and teens who are experiencing:
- Worry and anxiety
- Rages, tantrums, and meltdowns
- Difficulty with social dynamics
- Academic underachievement
- Trouble expressing how they feel
- Challenges getting along with new family members
- Developmental regressions
- Challenges launching into college and/or adulthood
The process of choosing a therapist for your child or teen means finding someone who will support your family values, and who will become part of your team.
While we do work with children and teens one-on-one, we also feel that it is important to keep parents involved as much as is possible and appropriate. Generally speaking, the younger the child, the more we want and need parents to be involved.
We can also work with your school system so that all parts of your team can be on the same page supporting each other’s efforts to support your child/teen.
Contact Us to Learn More
We are here to help. You don’t have to figure this out alone!
If you’d like to learn more about our providers click here.
Have more questions? Please contact us by email or by phone. We will respond to you by the end of the day Monday-Friday.
Ready to schedule? You can do so online, or by contacting us.