Individual counseling is arguably the most popular and well-known form of therapy. During individual counseling sessions, a person meets one-on-one with a therapist to discuss and work through any number of problems or stumbling blocks in their life.
If you’re struggling to maintain balance or have clarity, it might be time to consider counseling. At Thrive Counseling Center, we offer therapy sessions from a variety of licensed, experienced professionals.
When to Seek Therapy
Individual counseling in Federal Way is highly individualized, which means no set of predetermined criteria mandates when you should or should not seek help. You can begin counseling whenever you'd like, and we’re happy to work with you for as few or as many sessions as it takes for you to feel an improvement.
You can attend counseling at any time for any reason. Everyday events or triggers that may cause you to consider individual therapy include:
- Significant life changes, such as a graduation, retirement, or recent move
- A change in relationship status, including preparing for marriage or during a divorce
- Problems with children or family members
- Becoming an “empty nester” after grown children move out
- Struggles with your job or workplace-related stressors
- Feelings of worthlessness or hopelessness
- Suspected or confirmed cases of depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, ADD/ADHD, or other mental illnesses
- Physical health struggles, including cancer, chronic illness, or chronic pain
- Financial problems or economic struggles
You do not need a doctor’s diagnosis or recommendation from a professional to begin individual counseling. Our therapists will meet with you even if you don’t know precisely why you want to start therapy or how to begin.
Benefits of Counseling
If you’re struggling with any of the stressors we named above (or one of the countless unnamed stressors not listed), individual counseling in Federal Way can help you learn to deal with those stresses more healthily.
During counseling, you will learn to talk through and handle difficult situations. Our treatment team will teach you coping skills that will help you:
- Manage your stress levels
- Successfully embrace tolerable amounts of discomfort and anxiety
- Recognize, correctly process, and move forward from traumas in your past
- Challenge yourself and set goals outside your comfort zone
- Approach present and future relationships with greater clarity and confidence
Individual counseling can help you develop a greater sense of self-worth and equip you with the tools you need to navigate life’s curveballs.
Schedule Individual Counseling Sessions in 98003
When you’re ready to begin attending counseling, we’re here to listen. Call us at Thrive Counseling Center any time at (206) 567-7267 to schedule your first session with a caring professional.