Jess Mattina, MA, LMHC, NBCC
Jess works with:
If you are feeling stuck, whether it be in your life, relationship, your parenting, or your job, it’s time to consider coming in for some support to get things moving in a more easeful and effective direction. Working with Jess means getting an ally, a support, and an advocate to help you shift from stuck and overwhelmed to feeling like you can manage your life again.
Jess’s clients appreciate her compassionate and down-to-earth approach that is completely without judgement. Jess’s clinical approach to counseling is client-centered, solution-focused, and strength-based. This means that Jess will meet you wherever you are in your healing process, she will support you in addressing the places you are feeling stuck, and she will help you find and use the strengths you may not have known (or had forgotten) that you have.
Compassionate care and lived experience
After identifying your goals for counseling, Jess will dive in with you in order to help and guide you to uncover and resolve the habituated patterns and processing that may be keeping you stuck. Taking this journey means that your past, and present ruts do not need to determine your future. Rather, the process of counseling puts you back in the driver’s seat, engaged, and able to make intentional decisions moving forward in your life.
Jess brings a wealth of both lived and professional experience to the table in her work with her clients. She knows from both personal and professional experience that the journey of healing is not always linear, and that it takes place in different ways, and at different times throughout our lives. She is here to support you in your own life, your relationships, and is also here to support your children and family.
Some of the areas Jess specializes in helping with:
- Can’t turn down the volume on their negative self-talk
- Still experience the overwhelm that comes with growing up in a dysfunctional family
- Are navigating big transitions (divorce, move, new job)
- Struggle with making healthy decisions (lifestyle, relationship)
- Are overwhelmed with grief and loss (or are confused about what “normal” grief looks like)
- Feel consumed with anxiety and/or depression
- Struggle with communication
- Are stuck having the same argument over and over (with no resolution!)
- Feel like their partner is just not “getting them”
- Are navigating the complexities of blended families and/or extended families
- Feel like they aren’t getting what they need out of their relationship
Children who are:
- Acting out or are withdrawn
- Struggling with transitions
- Having a hard time with academics
- Stuck in the rut of sibling rivalry
- Struggling to heal and resolve the impacts of sexual/physical abuse and trauma
- Living within the foster care system
If you are interested in Jess’s credentials and background before she came to us, here you go!
Credentials and Degrees Awarded
- Washington State Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Washington State Child Mental Health Specialist
- National Board Certified Counselor
- Master of Arts, Counseling Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts, Behavioral Science
Previous Work Experience
- Catholic Community Services Mental Health Agency
- Facilitator of Parenting Classes
- Supervisor of visitation (Foster Care Families)
- Foster Care Placement Coordinator (Washington State)
- Regional Licensor for Foster Care Agencies (Washington State)
If you would like more information about Jess or would like to schedule an appointment with her, please give us a call or send us an email. You can also go directly to her online schedule to book your appointment to get started!