Parenting Support & Family Counseling in Federal Way, WA
Are you at the end of your rope knowing how to deal with meltdowns or emotional explosions?
Do you struggle in knowing how to handle your child’s worries?
Has your child or teen recently received a diagnosis such as an Autism Spectrum Disorder, Asperger’s, Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder, or other Learning Disability?
Or, are you the parent of a young adult who is struggling to thrive in college or to live independently?
First off, we want you to know. . . as a parent you have the most important, and also one of the absolute hardest jobs, you will ever have in your life. The future is better for all of us because of the steps you are taking to be the best parent you can be today. We want to thank you for all of your hard work and perseverance!!
Kids, teens, and young adults don’t come with their own instruction manual, although we wish that they did! There is so much information out there on parenting that can feel completely overwhelming to sift through to figure out which approach is right for dealing with the challenges you face, and with your unique child/teen.
Steps for Successful Parenting
Has your family gone through or are preparing for a transition such as a divorce, blending families, a loss, or a big move?
Do you feel overwhelmed with the amount of information out there on parenting?
This is where we come in. Our therapists bring a wealth of professional as well as personal experience to the table.
We have helped hundreds of kids and families find ways to feel better, more confident, and more connected. As parents ourselves, we have faced many of the challenges you might be facing with our own kids as well.
Confident and Successful Parenting in Federal Way
We know from the inside out how hard it is to be a parent and feel confident in knowing the right steps to take to support the success and development of our children.
We have successfully helped parents and families with:
- Developing systems to decrease or eliminate tantrums, rages, and meltdowns
- Steps to take when a child has experienced a trauma in their lives
- How to support a child who is worried or anxious all the time
- How to be the best parent possible to a child, teen, or young adult with Autism, Asperger’s, Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder, or other Learning Disability
- Getting back on track with communication (especially with teens)
- Launching into college and/or independent living
- Development of effective co-parenting plans
Our team utilizes evidence-based approaches to counseling to help you feel more confident as a parent and connected as a family.
Our therapists can help you:
- Understand how to best attune to the needs of your unique child/teen
- Gain clarity on the best approaches for your unique situation
- Develop a plan complete with immediate steps to take towards your target goals
- Feel more connected as a family
Contact Our Federal Way Office to Schedule Your Appointment Now
If you are considering working with one of our therapists, you are already ahead of the game. You want to be the best parent you can be, and you recognize that this means getting therapy help from professionals who have the training and experience to help you find more effective approaches to parenting and being a family.