How can we help you?
At Thrive Counseling Center we strive to be transparent about the process of counseling.
We know that counseling is something that a lot of people feel hesitant to talk about, and resistant to share their experiences, which can lead to confusion and a lot of unknowns about the process. Especially if this is your first time considering working with a therapist.
Our goal to to demystify the counseling process and help you understand how counseling works.
Below are some of the most common questions we are asked and some answers to get you started. If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us by email, or give us a call.
Child and Teen Counseling
As a parent, it’s only natural to worry about your child or children. If you have a teenager who’s been struggling or not acting like themselves recently, you might be considering therapy services and getting them the professional help they need.
Knowing when to be genuinely concerned about your teen is challenging. Teenagers are notoriously moody, so how do you know if what your teen is experiencing is “just a phase” or cause for more serious concern?
Signs Your Child Might Be Struggling
The following signs are typically reliable indicators that your child is struggling with a deeper issue than just “average teenage angst” and that they could potentially benefit from professional counseling:
- Signs of self-harm or talk of suicide
- Performing uncharacteristically poorly in school; a dramatic shift in academic performance
- Struggles with tobacco, drugs, or alcohol
- Increased isolation or withdrawal from social groups, friends, or family members
- Physical outbursts or tantrums; extreme difficulty dealing with negative emotions
If you have concerns about your child and would like to learn more about teen counseling in Federal Way, our therapists are standing by ready to help. We specialize in working with struggling teens and can provide the support, structure, stability, and resources needed to deal with life in a healthier, more productive way.
Contact Our Federal Way Counseling Office
Even if you only suspect that your teenager might need to work with a therapist, feel free to contact us at any time to get more information.
Just as you have a medical doctor who helps you protect your body and who can care for you when you get sick, you can also have a team of mental health professionals on your side to help you care for your mind.
Importance of Mental Health
Keeping yourself mentally healthy is just as important as keeping yourself physically healthy, and a mental health counselor in Federal Way, WA can assist you if you’re struggling.
Mental health counselors, also known as therapists, can:
- Provide a safe space where you can discuss sensitive issues in your life or seek help when you are struggling
- Offer counseling services for couples and families in addition to individuals
- Help you learn healthier, more effective ways to manage your stress or cope with challenges in your life
- Create a sense of accountability for your behaviors if you’re struggling and want to get back on track
- Validate the way you are feeling and help you process your emotions more productively
Counseling professionals get into their line of work because they genuinely care about people and their wellbeing. Our mental health counselors in Federal Way are licensed, trained individuals who want to help you get into a better headspace and improve your quality of life.
Contact Our Federal Way Therapy Office
If you have questions about counseling in Federal Way or are curious about how seeing a therapist might help you, please call us at Thrive Counseling Center by dialing (206) 567-7267 today!
When you think of professional counseling, you probably only picture counseling for adults and couples. Did you know that children can also benefit from working with a licensed professional counselor?
Many parents turn to child counseling when their elementary school-aged and young teenage children are struggling with challenges that the parents feel unequipped to handle on their own. Our child counseling in Federal Way, WA is helpful for children who are unresponsive to parental attempts or even school-sponsored efforts to address behavioral problems. The team of professionals at Thrive Counseling Center can work with children both in our office as well as online through our secure video counseling.
What can counseling help children with?
Our counseling services can help children who are struggling with:
- Anxiety or excessive worry
- Transitionary periods such as their parents’ divorce or a move to a new school
- Addiction to technology or devices including tablets, phones, televisions, or video games
- Depression or signs of disinterest
- Autism, Asperger’s, or other behavioral conditions such as ADHD
Our licensed therapists can work with your child in child counseling sessions, even if your child just seems a little “off” or is struggling with an unknown problem. Our job is to work with your child to uncover the root of the problem and help them learn to cope in healthier and happier ways.
Schedule Child Counseling in Federal Way
When you and your child are ready to move forward, call our counseling office at (206) 567-7267 to learn more!