Deciding to begin attending any type of counseling can be a big decision, and family counseling is no exception. If you and your family are contemplating starting therapy, our professional team at Thrive Counseling Center is always happy to sit down for an initial consultation to help you decide if we’re the right fit.
Reasons You Might Need a Counselor
Individuals, couples, and families seek counseling for dozens of reasons, and there’s no right or wrong way to start therapy. If you’re struggling to maintain balance and harmony in your family for any reason, you could likely benefit from seeing a counselor.
Common reasons people consider family counseling in Federal Way include:
- Having difficulties or concerns with raising children
- Feeling overwhelmed with marital or parental responsibilities
- Struggling to accept and cope with significant life changes, such as moving or blending families
- Transitioning throughout a divorce, marriage, or change to family structure
- Wanting help processing a death or loss in the family
- Seeking treatment for a family member struggling with addiction or substance abuse
Even if none of these reasons apply to your family’s situation, it doesn’t mean you can’t get help. Our professional counselors help families who are feeling lost, frustrated, or just a little “off,” even if they can’t always pinpoint the causes.
What We Can Help Families With
The goal of any counseling is to provide the participants with healthier coping skills and approaches when facing everyday life. If your family is struggling to connect or communicate, we will work with you to change that.
When you participate in family counseling in Federal Way, our therapists will help you and your family members learn to:
- Speak up and express your feelings, wants, and needs
- Set and honor appropriate boundaries
- Increase the respect and empathy you feel for one another
- Handle disagreements and conflicts in a safe, healthy way
Contact Our Federal Way Office For A Consultation
These are just a few ways your family can benefit from working with a licensed family therapist. If you’d like to learn more about family counseling in 98003 so you can decide whether it’s right for you, please reach out to us today by calling (206) 567-7267.