Supporting Neurodiverse Adults in Federal Way, WA
Are you or a family member living with a diagnosis (or suspected diagnosis) of:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder
- Other Learning Disabilities
Are you struggling to fit into the complex world of neurotypicals (that’s everyone else!)
If so, our Supporting Neurodiversity services are for you.
Our world is a complicated place to live in, and there isn’t a perfect rule book of what to do, what to say, and when to do or say it.
Individuals who live with neurodiverse brains see and engage with the world differently. Unfortunately our world, and it’s “rules” are not always friendly to those living with neurodiverse brains.
If we were to pause and take inventory of all the ways your brain works, we would quickly realize that your brain is capable of amazing things (although we know it doesn’t always feel this way). Many times we find that those living with a “diagnosis” actually have ways of engaging in the world in ways neurotypicals (that’s everyone else) only wish they could!
What Celebrating Neurodiversity Means for You
Celebrating neurodiversity means that we get to honor the many different ways there are of living and being in the world. The way you engage in the world is not wrong, it’s just different. Celebrating neurodiversity means that we don’t assume that one way of living in the world is better than another. Each unique person, and the way their brain works has its strengths and advantages, as well as unique challenges.
Supporting neurodiversity means that we help identify your strengths as well as your challenges. Then, we get to use your strengths to target the areas of life that you are struggling with.
Some focus areas in our work with our neurodiverse adult clients:
- Learn how to engage with neurotypicals more effectively
- Navigate the complex social world of their work environments
- Learn how to develop sustainable and healthy friendships
- Better understand the rules of engagement for dating and relationships
- Become more active and engaged in their marriage
- Successfully transition from home to college and/or living independently
We help parents, families, and significant others of neurodiverse individuals:
- Understand how the neurodiverse brain works, and how to effectively work with it
- Develop reasonable expectations and transition plans
- Feel grounded in knowing how to give the right amount of support
- Learn how to communicate more effectively
- Understand how to best support the overall development and well-being of your child or partner
Our Approach to Therapy
What we know from our years of experience is that many common approaches to counseling and therapy just don’t work for neurodiverse individuals. Our team understands this and utilizes evidence-based, solution-focused, and strengths-based approaches in our work with neurodiverse individuals and their families.
Are you ready to take the next step and get the help and guidance you are looking for?
For more information on our work with kids and teens living with neurodiversity click here.