Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At Thrive Counseling Center we strive to be transparent about the process of counseling.
We know that counseling is something that a lot of people feel hesitant to talk about, and resistant to share their experiences, which can lead to confusion and a lot of unknowns about the process. Especially if this is your first time considering working with a therapist.
Our goal to to demystify the counseling process and help you understand how counseling works.
Below are some of the most common questions we are asked and some answers to get you started. If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us by email, or give us a call.
- How long are sessions?
- How frequently should I expect to meet with my therapist?
- How long will I need to come into counseling?
- I’m not sure which therapist is right for me, how do I decide?
- How do I know that you will keep everything I say confidential?
- What if I have a secret that my husband/wife/partner doesn’t know about, will you keep that confidential too?
- I can’t commute to your office, but I still want to meet with a counselor. Can you help?
- What is child counseling?
- What is parental counseling?
- What conditions are neurodiverse?