Jessica Frost, MA, LMHC
Licensed Mental Health Counselor
**Jessica is in our Federal Way office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.**
Working with Jessica means getting the help you need to understand and change the negative patterns that are getting in the way within your life and relationships.
Specializing in working with Adults, Couples, and Teens, Jessica utilizes a Psychodynamic Framework which is inclusive of Mindfulness Approaches, Emotion-Focused Therapy, and Existential Therapy. She will work with you in a highly collaborative style to identify your goals for counseling. From there, she will work with you to help you achieve your goals, whether they be in your own life, or in your relationships.
Support for Adults
Jessica’s approach to counseling will help you dive underneath your story and perceptions about yourself and relationships to the deeper processes that keep the negative patterns going.
By uncovering these patterns and working with them at their core, the strength of these patterns diminishes. As Jessica describes, ”letting go of our negative patterns allows us to connect with our deepest, truest self.” Doing this work can allow you to feel more present, more grounded, and more connected to yourself and to others.
Jessica works with Adults who:
- Struggle with effective anger management
- Have a hard time knowing how to keep healthy boundaries
- Don’t feel confident speaking up for themselves
- Continue to feel a lack of connection in their lives and relationships
- Are stuck in a rut of anxiety and/or depression and don’t know how to get out
Support for Couples
Jessica's work with couples focuses on increasing communication and intimacy, and on reducing the feelings of anger, hurt, betrayal, and pain that so often derail our relationships. If you have been feeling like you and your partner just haven't been seeing eye to eye, and you just don't know what to do to get things back on track, it's time to consider coming in for some support. Feeling like you don't know what to do to get your relationship back on track is a common experience Jessica hears frequently. In working with Jessica, you will get an ally to support both of you in re-discovering the connection that you may have lost over time. Jessica will help you take that a step further and work with you to build an even stronger foundation for your marriage/relationship than what you may have started with. Taking the time to invest in your marriage/relationship now means building a relationship that will weather the storms for years and decades to come.
Some of the specific areas Jessica is experienced in working with:
- When you just don't feel connected to your partner in the way you were in the past
- Couples who struggle to feel seen and heard within their relationship
- When anger gets in the way of connection and intimacy
- The struggle you might feel in having a partner that is emotionally unavailable
- When betrayal or infidelity happens....how to recover and heal the marriage/relationship
Support for Teens
- Teens who feel misunderstood, rebellious, or like they just can't find the place that they fit in
- When teens and their families/parents don't see eye to eye and struggle to get on the same page
- Learning the tools and skills to combat anxiety and depression
- Social skills, and strategies for successful peer relationships
- Master's Degree in Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Certified Hypnotherapist
- Experience working in community mental health providing Individual, Couples, and Family Therapy
- Experience working in a treatment center providing support for individuals in recovery from drug addiction