Todd Sadler, MA, LMHC, NBCC - Licensed Mental Health Counselor
**Todd is available in our Federal Way office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays**
Todd has a way of putting his clients (even if this is their first time coming in to counseling) immediately at ease. From this place, Todd will walk with you towards your goals, supporting and guiding you along the way. In working with Todd, he will skillfully tailor counseling towards your specific needs, rather than taking a cookie-cutter approach.
Todd has been working with adults, families, and children since 2010. He is a licensed mental health counselor as well as a National Board Certified Counselor. Based on his experience, Todd feels strongly that therapy should be a side-by-side collaborative experience between therapist and client(s).
With Todd as your therapist, you be supported in identifying the sources that are contributing to your feelings of overwhelm, whether it be in your individual life, your relationships, or your parenting. Using a strengths based approach, he will also explore your strengths, or the things that are working or that you are good at (in your life, relationship, work, etc.). In understanding and harnessing these strengths, he will then help you use your strengths to create change within the areas you are struggling with.
He wants his clients to know that counseling isn't just about figuring out what's wrong. It's about figuring out what resources you do have (even if you aren't aware of them yet!) and using them to help resolve your challenges.
In his work with kids and families, Todd brings a wealth of experience, knowledge and playfulness to support kids and teens who are struggling, as well as their families. His practical and empowering approaches to counseling are very well received by his child and teen clients. Even by those who initially are resistant to coming in to counseling.
Some of Todd's areas of specialty include:
- Working with individuals and couples who feel frustrated by not having their needs heard or met
- Providing support for individuals and couples who desire changes in life but struggle to know how to go about making changes
- Helping families understand how to communicate with each other more effectively
- Teaching skills and strategies to feel more confident in relationships and social situations regardless of age
Education and Training
- Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology from Argosy University
- National Board Certified Counselor